HR Records Specialist
HR Records Specialist
- School Name
- 100 - School Support Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
HR Records Specialist
Cadence Education is currently in search of our next HR Records Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ.
Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 280 private preschools and elementary schools across 30 states. With over 30 years in business, we have developed an unparalleled expertise in preparing students to thrive in the next step of their childhood.
Our overall mission is to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. This mission can only be accomplished through a team of passionate childcare professionals who combine their talents to provide an unparalleled level of care and compassion for children and their families. Our research-based curriculum and home-based environments are anything but a “daycare” – we are the evolution of early education.
Our schools are staffed with individuals who are talented, fun, and genuinely enthusiastic about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration and cherish open-communication in each school and with our corporate office. We work hard to create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting leaders and staff members every step of the way. For additional information about Cadence, please visit www.cadence-education.com.
Benefits of Working at Cadence Education:
- Competitive compensation
- 50% childcare tuition discount
- Educational and professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Medical, dental, vision options available
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
SAFETY FIRST: The health and safety of every person in our schools is our primary concern and we are taking every precaution to prevent potential exposure or spread of COVID-19 within our schools. We are actively partnering with local health departments and closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, this position will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, accuracy, daily maintenance, release of information and storage of all personnel data information in both electronic and hard copy formats. Performs transaction processing into the HRIS system of all employee actions and general employee information related to wages/salaries, terminations, status and position changes, newly hired and rehired employees, employee transfers, time accrual maintenance, updates to employee personal information and other HR activities in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains electronic or hard copy of employee record by filing all HR related documents into appropriate employee file; performing routine audits of files to ensure accuracy of the employee file in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Accurately enters data into the HRIS data systems in accordance with Company procedures in a timely manner. Updates existing records, inputs employee transactions and personal data including but not limited to: tax changes, name changes, transfers, etc. Performs self-audits of work to ensure data integrity in the HRIS data system.
- Maintains personnel files in accordance with applicable legal requirements and HRIS. Creates, organizes, and maintains a filing system for both active and terminated employees. Assists with establishing hard copy filing methods and procedures for personnel files and I-9’s. Audits all employee files to ensure all required documentation is accounted for including licensure/certification verifications are complete, job description signed, and new hire paperwork is completed.
- Provides problem resolution and assistance via telephone and email with a variety of customers throughout the organization to help resolve data issues, payroll assistance and systems access.
- Recommends updates to existing workflow processes for all HRIS data entry transactions. Assists with development of new processes.
Assists with running and distributing of department reports (eg. Retro, new employees, terminations, etc.) May directly follow up with management and/or employees to obtain required information by running and maintaining reports, and/or providing HR data analysis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office products in highly preferred, specifically Excel
- Prefer a basic understanding of employee record filing requirements
- Requires excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to research issues to determine root cause
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Must have strong analytical skills and quantitative ability
- Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and meets deadlines effectively and efficiently
Prefer two (2) years of data and records management experience processing human resources employee data in both an electronic and hard copy format while ensuring accuracy and integrity of data in both formats is preferred.