M&A Project Manager
M&A Project Manager
- School Name
- 100 - School Support Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Mergers and Acquisitions Project Manager
Cadence Education is currently in search of our next M&A Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ.
Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 275 private preschools and elementary schools across 30 states. With over 29 years in business, we have developed an unparalleled expertise in preparing students to thrive in the next step of their childhood.
Our overall mission is to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. This mission can only be accomplished through a team of passionate childcare professionals who combine their talents to provide an unparalleled level of care and compassion for children and their families. Our research-based curriculum and home-based environments are anything but a “daycare” – we are the evolution of early education.
Our schools are staffed with individuals who are talented, fun, and genuinely enthusiastic about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration and cherish open-communication in each school and with our corporate office. We work hard to create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting leaders and staff members every step of the way. For additional information about Cadence, please visit www.cadence-education.com.
Benefits of Working at Cadence Education:
- Competitive compensation
- 50% childcare tuition discount
- Educational and professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Medical, dental, vision options available
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
SAFETY FIRST: The health and safety of every person in our schools is our primary concern and we are taking every precaution to prevent potential exposure or spread of COVID-19 within our schools. We are actively partnering with local health departments and closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We’re currently searching for an experienced project manager to join our ranks and continue our tradition of successful pre-acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integrations. Under the direction of Director of M&A Due Diligence and Integration, the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Project Manager will be responsible for bringing the latest innovation, technology and project management techniques to plan, deliver and execute key milestones associated with Cadence Education’s acquisition strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong business mind, be superb in handling ambiguity, have a proven ability to handle simultaneous initiatives, and be motivated by the desire to optimize productivity. In so doing, this candidate will work to ensure appropriate resources are mobilized and that contractual, operational, and other functional requirements are achieved.
- Lead the project management of a portfolio of pre-acquisition due diligence projects, ensuring coordination of shared resources, common activities, other dependencies across projects and functions.
- Help maintain, coordinate, and deliver timely and proactive due diligence support and content via DealRoom (Due Diligence Portal), emails, and conference calls.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships and keep the stakeholders engaged in the project (i.e.: status reporting, issues management and risk management).
- Partner cross-functionally to understand the organization, to determine potential project impacts, and to tailor the project approach, plan, and deliverables accordingly.
- Support the adherence to Cadence’s M&A Playbook guidelines, internal processes, documentation, and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure that project deliverables can be integrated to achieve the overall result and are fit to deliver the expected outcomes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Experience organizing, overseeing, and conducting due diligence processes on acquisition target businesses
· Superior organizational skills, with analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to understand how due diligence processes and decisions impact acquisition processes, operating model design / execution across operations, finance, human resources, and organizational design
· Competence to perform in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects in process at once, and the ability to stay organized and deadline focused when completing tasks.
· Ability to problem solve with colleagues when a complex situation arises, and follow-up with tasks until fully complete
· Ability to interact with colleagues, other management companies and clients in an appropriate and professional manner
· Must possess good customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach.
· Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work cross functionally and maintain confidentiality standards.
· Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
· Requires the ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Education or equivalency:
· Requires a bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
· Requires a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible project management or related experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and capabilities.
· Experience must include demonstrated ability, preferably in a related position and in a highly dynamic environment.
· M&A due-diligence: 3 years (Preferred)
· PMP (Preferred)
Cadence Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.