- School Name
- 100 - School Support Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Cadence Education is currently in search of our next Payroll Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 260 private preschools and elementary schools across 29 states. With over 29 years in business, we have developed an unparalleled expertise in preparing students to thrive in the next step of their childhood.
Our overall mission is to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. This mission can only be accomplished through a team of passionate childcare professionals who combine their talents to provide an unparalleled level of care and compassion for children and their families. Our research-based curriculum and home-based environments are anything but a “daycare” – we are the evolution of early education.
Our schools are staffed with individuals who are talented, fun, and genuinely enthusiastic about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration and cherish open-communication in each school and with our corporate office. We work hard to create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting leaders and staff members every step of the way. For additional information about Cadence, please visit www.cadence-education.com.
Benefits of Working at Cadence Education:
- Competitive compensation
- 50% childcare tuition discount
- Educational and professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Medical, dental, vision options available
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
SAFETY FIRST: The health and safety of every person in our schools is our primary concern and we are taking every precaution to prevent potential exposure or spread of COVID-19 within our schools. We are actively partnering with local health departments and closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Cadence Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for all payroll-related processing
activities. These duties include garnishments, payroll deductions, reimbursements, manual checks, and other
employee changes within the payroll system. The Payroll Specialist will also provide information and answer
employee questions about payroll related matters.
1. Processes childcare deductions, expense reimbursements, garnishments, and other earnings or
2. Prepares payroll files for processing, which include but are not limited to automatic pay, punches from
timecard system, and manual adjustments.
3. Assists employees or managers with questions about payroll policies and pay discrepancies. Maintains
payroll related files and records.
4. Work with external payroll company to process paycheck corrections and reversals as needed.
5. Will assist the Payroll Manager with other projects as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of employees
assigned to this job.
1. Assists with other department functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and
Knowledge of payroll tax withholdings, filings, tax compliance, and generally
accepted accounting practices/procedures associated with payroll issues in a
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level.
Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Education or equivalency:
Requires an associate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; or an
equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience
that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the
Must have a minimum of three (3) years of payroll related experience that
demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.