Preschool Area Manager
Preschool Area Manager
- School Name
- 100 - School Support Center
- Field and School Leadership
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Bilingual Preschool Area Manager
Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 280 private preschools and elementary schools across 30 states. With over 29 years in business, we have developed an unparalleled expertise in preparing students to thrive in the next step of their childhood.
Our overall mission is to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. This mission can only be accomplished through a team of passionate childcare professionals who combine their talents to provide an unparalleled level of care and compassion for children and their families. Our research-based curriculum and home-based environments are anything but a “daycare” – we are the evolution of early education.
Our schools are staffed with individuals who are talented, fun, and genuinely enthusiastic about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration and cherish open-communication in each school and with our corporate office. We work hard to create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting leaders and staff members every step of the way. For additional information about Cadence, please visit www.cadence-education.com.
Benefits of Working at Cadence Education:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% childcare tuition discount
- Educational and professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Medical, dental, vision options available
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
SAFETY FIRST: The health and safety of every person in our schools is our primary concern and we are taking every precaution to prevent potential exposure or spread of COVID-19 within our schools. We are actively partnering with local health departments and closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Cadence Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess high standards, be dedicated, have proven successes leading a regional team of school directors, and be committed to excellence. You must be a self-directed operational expert with a focus on customer service. You will have proven successes building strong and supportive teams and growing revenue in your market of schools. This position requires excellent leadership, team building, organizational development, succession planning, and communication skills.
1. Leadership: Ensure school standards are maintained in accordance with the expectations set out by licensing authorities. Creates and implements a strategic plan to drive results and manages resources to achieve competitive advantage. Clearly communicate expectations and professional requirements to all directors. Makes sound and timely business decisions that keep the region moving forward. Keeps abreast with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace.
2. Financial Management: Assist our directors to develop an operating business plan to address growth strategies and processes to drive schools to achieve and surpass revenue goals, profitability and business goals and objectives. Effectively analyzes and interprets quantitative information. Create accountability and recognition process to achieve and exceed business goals. Identify and monitor key financial indicators to gauge performance, identify trends and suggest strategies that can impact results. Oversee compliance of the school’s ability to adhere to budgetary guidelines. Translates and communicates goals and profitability to fit different audiences. Identifies new ways to grow and diversify the business. Works diligently to ensure maximum enrollment.
3. Marketing: Develop and champion creative ideas to increase brand awareness and actively move them into implementation. Monitor and work with Directors on marketing initiatives to ensure the strategy is focused on enrollment growth. Stay abreast of growth and trends of the industry/competitors and implement the modifications necessary to offer the most advanced and educationally enriched childcare environments in the area. Professionally represent the school’s brand in the community and maintain a high-quality reputation.
4. Brand Management: Manage social media presence and provides photos and coordinated messaging that crafts a compelling story. Ensures a coordinated and consistent brand/marketing strategy across all campuses. Creates deliverables that elevate the brand and increase community connection and awareness. Ensures that all parent communications are professional, accurate, timely and convey the heart of Little Big Minds.
5. Program Quality: Establish and maintain systems to ensure all company initiatives and policies regarding safety and supervision are implemented and the schools are safe, clean, home like and educational. Develop workshops and trainings based on training initiatives for Directors and staff. Seek out current grants and accreditation assistance available. Oversee all ancillary programs to ensure requirements are being adhered to. Monitor follow-up protocols and time frames for notifying State, Ancillary agencies and School Support Center of crisis situations. Assist in handling emergency situations, crises or hostile behavior or situations in a calm and professional manner. Establish, monitors, develops plan of action and deliverables by using a check list “to do list” customized to curriculum and operation unique to LBM. Partner with Curriculum Coach, provide feedback and ensure the quality of the program is consistent at all schools. Area manager will oversee Summer Camp programs at all campuses, including planning and logistics
6. Customer Focus: Develop, lead, and manage Directors and staff to deliver excellent customer service, a quality program and our companies promise to every child, family member and staff. Establish and maintain effective customer relationships through positive, engaging customer interactions, and uses customer insights to build and deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations. Continuously listen and act on customer concerns with a positive approach, tact and diplomacy. Identify and understand the different stages of the customer’s journey and leverage that knowledge to create a quality customer experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of employees assigned to this job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be bilingual in spanish
• Ability to work outside normal workweek, including nights and some weekends; and year round (12 months).
• Requires Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, and fire, health, and OSHA regulations.
• Knowledge of National and State Education Standards, Fire and Health Regulations, Educational Programs
• Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
• Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
• Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
• Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
• Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to travel 25%-50% of a normal work week.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Requires ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Education or equivalency:
• Requires an associate degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or related degree; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of childcare related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability including management of staff, budgets and multiple functional areas.
• Prefer bilingual in English and Spanish.
• May require additional credentials based on state of operation.
• Compliance with state licensing standards at a minimum of director level, including but not limited to criminal background screening and fingerprinting.